Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Obelisk of Forgotten Memories - PDF for Download

The Editing Monkeys have finally delivered
Yes I finally managed to get the entries compiled and the PDF edited (mostly - no promise that this approaches as professional product in polish - I am using Open Office for Monscrom's sake) with all the art in basically the right places.

So here's all 53 pages of the PDF for the Obelisk of Forgotten Memories

Now if you're wondering about the adventure, it's a fairly introductory adventure for parties of 1-3 level adventurers out of Denethix.  It came about because the party in my home game got frightened away from ASE after a few deaths.  Still it's not an easy adventure I don't think - though I would be interested if anyone else play tests it.

I would also love to hear what various readers think of the adventure - It's something I have spent a lot of time on.  I give it away free in hope that if you like it you'll use it or at least read it.  The tables at the end might be useful otherwise for gonzo Science-fantasy grave robbing of a more general nature, but I think the content is tied to ASE fairly well - and certainly owes a huge debt to Pat Wetmore's megadungeon.  Also if you like the Obelisk and you haven't already, do pick up ASE I and ASE II when it comes out.

All art maps and typos are my own.

Fixed a map error and uploaded updated version.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for publishing this - I will post back if I get a chance to run it (or even a chance to steal vigorously from it!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snagged! I'll post if I get to run it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The faux-typewriter font with no line spacing is a crime against god and optometrists. I would like to read it, but that makes it impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Richard & @ Tedanhamen - Thanks guys, I do look forward to hearing any response you might have.

    @Jeremy - Hmmm - I am sorry this free content does not meet your design standards - perhaps you should go purchase some WOTC products, I hear they have images of scantily clad elves and have designers on staff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You. Are. Awesome.

    Keep up the good work.

    I can't wait to read through this, and, eventually, spring it on some players.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Gusty. I sort of like the old typewriter feel to it.

    If you wanted to replace Courier with an open source font, Tex Gyre Cursor is a fair facsimile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Random, I will do so if I ever move into the published work for sale area - I think this small scale free distribution should be ok - I don't even have the OGL etc. on the end of this. I mean I am plundering ASE content as well (though I have an informal approval on that). I really should look into licensing stuff for self-published RPG material.

      mwschmeer - it was your repeated requests and the frustrating nature of Santacore that brought it to fruition. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

      Delete
  7. I've only read the introduction, but a great intro it is!

    "There are encounters, and even individual creatures (especially the special random encounters), quite capable of slaughtering a party within a couple rounds, but this is how it should be, as they can be avoided or negotiated with."

    I practically shouted "Yes!" at my laptop. Can't wait to read the rest. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that was the intent - still it's an introductory module - design to facilitate the kind of play faction heavy play I personally find amusing. In retrospect the basic monster collection may not be too tough - I leave it up to the GM to decide the size of the cult presence - basically because a 3rd cleric is going to have a much easier time with the undead than a 1st level. Really challenge has to be party tailored and I am constantly astounded about just how much hurt a party of adventurers can lay down.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing this! Downloading it now!

    ReplyDelete